Workers Compensation Claims Monahans
Workers’ compensation is a statewide insurance program targeting those who have sustained a work-related injury during their time of employment.
It is important to note that in Texas, not all employers are required to have workers’ compensation.
Before filing a claim with our workers compensation lawyers, first check with your employer to see if you are covered. If you are looking for a way to process your workers’ compensation claim, our attorneys at Carabin Shaw can be of assistance.
Before determining if you need a lawyer, reading through the basics of workers’ compensation claims may be helpful. If you’re a worker in or around Monahans who has suffered a workplace injury, then you may be eligible to get compensated.
Am I Eligible for Workers’ Compensation?
There are a couple of requirements that need to be fulfilled before moving forward with a workers’ compensation case, such as:
- Your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance.
- If not, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against your employer instead.
- You must have a work-related injury.
- Your injury cannot have been caused by horseplay, intoxication, criminal activity, or an off-duty activity.
- You must meet Texas’ statute of limitations, or the time limit in which you can file a case.
- Under Texas workers’ compensation laws, you must tell your employer within 30 days of the sustained injury that you are injured.
If you have any questions about eligibility requirements, considering speaking to our workers compensation lawyers in Monahans.
Common Workplace Injuries
Common workplace injuries will differ depending on your worksite. These common injuries that can occur in any workplace and are worth noting:
- Slips, trips and falls: Some of the most common accidents at work include tripping and falling. This can be mitigated by keeping walkways clear and removing any obstacles in the path.
- Struck by Objects: Weather you’re on a construction site or in the office, falling objects can be a risk.
- Overexertion: Overexertion occurs when we push our bodies too far. Injuries like tennis elbow, or muscle strains can happen due to repetitive motion. If possible, switch tasks or take stretching breaks.
Monahans workers’ compensation lawyers are familiar with these and other types of common workplace injuries.
What Damages Can I Claim?
Damages, or the amount of money you can sue for, are determined by medical cost, lost wages, and benefits. You may work with an attorney to help uncover the full amount of damages you may be able to sue for. Here are a couple things to consider:
- Medical costs: if your injury was serious enough to the point where you required medical attention, keep track of all your medical bills.
- Lost Wages: Refers to the amount of wages you did not receive due to missed work.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering refers to any emotional trauma you have endured. You may be able to receive compensation for any loss of quality of life you have handled.
Speaking with our workers compensation lawyers will help you determine the full amount of damages you can sue for, thereby determining the worth of your case.
What Kind of Lawyer Should I Hire?
If you are serious about hiring workers compensation lawyers, consider their location and expertise.
You’ll want to hire an attorney within the Monahans / West Texas area to ensure convenience. Speaking with a team of Monahans workers’ compensation lawyers from Carabin Shaw will guarantee that they understand workers’ compensation in Texas.
If you’re wondering how to file an Monahans workers’ compensation claim, then look no further than the attorneys at Carabin Shaw.
With offices in Monahans and across Texas, you’ll find localized, professional help. Our Monahans work accident lawyers are waiting to take your call. Call today at 1-800-862-1260 or toll free at 1-800-862-1260.