Derailments or Roadway Rail Crossing Accidents
El Paso serves as a touchstone for domestic and international railway systems.
Although this has benefits to the economy, and may provide convenience for travel, it can have its dangers as well.
Derailments or roadway rail crossing accidents can cause serious damage, and even kill the once involved. These kind of accidents can lead to severe injuries od death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a train accident, you may be able to sue for damages.
To learn more, continue reading, or contact the train accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw for a free consultation.
Common Accidents in El Paso
More than 535 miles of main train tracks go through El Paso. There are about 200 roadway rail crossings. With such a vast range of track, accidents are likely to occur. Common accidents include:
- Roadway crossings
- Roadway crossings can be accident hotspots. In 2010, there were over 100 roadway rail crossing accidents in the El Paso Many of these accidents occurred where only passive (crossbuck) barriers existed, as opposed to crossings with active (gates, lights). So far there has been one fatal pedestrian crossing accident in 2019.
- Train derailment
- Derailment is another common source of accidents. Derailments have occurred all over Texas—most recently happening in Fort Worth. Common causes of derailment include collision, operational errors, or damaged tracks.
A train accident injury can be serious, even fatal. If you have sustained injuries from a railway incident, consider speaking to El Paso personal injury lawyers about your accident.
Personal Injury Damages
If you have sustained injuries due to a railroad accident, then you may want to consider filing a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawsuit would deal with proving fault of a person or group of persons as the cause of your injuries.
You sue for damages in this type of lawsuit. It is imperative to keep track of your railroad accident injury. This may include keeping records of the severity of the injury and medical bills, and noting emotional pain derived from the incident. There are numerous damages, or the monetary cost you are awarded. The following can be considered for damages:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Property loss
The El Paso personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw are trained in managing cases which involve proving fault or negligence for those responsible parties on the behalf of the client. Furthermore, it is worth hiring an attorney from the El Paso area. This ensures their familiarity with the train systems and traffic laws relevant to the case.
When to Speak with a Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been involved in a train accident, consider consulting El Paso injury lawyers.
Because the case would involve damage to your person, the case would be filed under a personal injury lawsuit. For these cases, experienced El Paso personal injury lawyers would be the best fit.
Here are some tips on choosing the best lawyer for your case:
- Be specific: Hiring specific train accident lawyers guarantees their familiarity with train accident cases and personal injury claims.
- Stay local: Working with West Texas train accident attorneys ensures that you are working with a lawyer close to you, physically and professionally. This makes the process convenient for you and ensures your lawyer’s familiarity with the area.
- Try them out: At Carabin Shaw, you can speak to an attorney for a free, no-obligation consultation. We will discuss your claim options and work with you on a personalized strategy for your case.
Don’t wait any longer. Connect with Carabin Shaw today at 915.779.2301, or toll free at 1.800.862.1260.